Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Piano here
Pretty much every piano player I have asked says the only way to learn is with a real piano teacher, and apps are just for additional practice/exercies.

i have searched online, and not been able to find anyone who has said they learned via an app only, nor documented their progress.

has anyone done this?

And by managed to learn, I mean can read and play a two handed piece of music of moderate difficulty, from total beginner, without a teacher.
Our piano community is much more active via facebook these days. Feel free to join unofficial Yousician team piano facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/teampianoyousician/ .

You will find players that learn playing piano using only Yousician app and you can discuss various strategies they employ to improve faster.
And to be precise: we live in era of information so it would be a shame if you would not use other available resources too. I would highly recommend that you google any question that arises during your practice.

Yousician is a brilliant tool and will always keep you motivated but if you get stuck on some music theory doubts then I am pretty sure that you can find an answer if you google your question. There is also a lot of you tube videos clarifying and answering common questions. Use it!
I learnt piano for maybe 3 years as a child under 10. More than 45 years later I decided to take it up again using only Yousician. At the same time I went nuts and decided to learn guitar, bass and ukulele at the same time.

18 months down the track I'm at Piano level 9, Guitar level 7, Bass level 9 and Ukulele level 7. I guess I would have progressed further had I gone with just one instrument...
stevemerrall wrote:I learnt piano for maybe 3 years as a child under 10. More than 45 years later I decided to take it up again using only Yousician. At the same time I went nuts and decided to learn guitar, bass and ukulele at the same time.

18 months down the track I'm at Piano level 9, Guitar level 7, Bass level 9 and Ukulele level 7. I guess I would have progressed further had I gone with just one instrument...
That's quite a load! I'm 40 and barely able to handle Guitar and Piano at the same time... I may end up adding Ukulele if I get one., as I'm having a blast with these two, but learning is relatively slow. Wish I had started lessons as a child, I could have been a pro by now..

I messed around on keyboard in my teen years, did some great improv recordings, but never truly focused on learning the craft ... Hoping to remedy that so I can get my music in presentable shape.
Nutmix wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:11 am
Pretty much every piano player I have asked says the only way to learn is with a real piano teacher, and apps are just for additional practice/exercies.

i have searched online, and not been able to find anyone who has said they learned via an app only, nor documented their progress.

has anyone done this?

And by managed to learn, I mean can read and play a two handed piece of music of moderate difficulty, from total beginner, without a teacher.
I have managed to learn using this app. I am self taught 18 years, sorry to say, I'm not a pro. Went to music school for piano for apron one year. Still having trouble switching to the main app to practice some more. Appreciate some info on this, thanks.

Hi! All the issues with antivirus software mistak[…]