1. HOW DO I START PLAYING YOUSICIAN?
To start playing, you need a real guitar, ukulele or piano (acoustic or electric), a PC/Mac/Linux computer or an iOS/Android mobile device.
This article explains how to install Yousician Standalone app.
2. DO I NEED A SPECIAL ADAPTER, CABLE OR MICROPHONE?
No, the built in mic of your device will recognize what you play. So no need for any special equipment. You can, however, use an adapter like iRig, Stealthplug or the Realtone cable (used in Rocksmith). These can help the game to recognize the sound, particularly when using an electric guitar.
3. GAME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE MY PLAYING. WHAT'S WRONG?
1) Make sure that you have tuned your ukulele with Yousician tuner. If your instrument is out of tune or tuned with alternative tuning Yousician can't recognise your playing.
2) You microphone input could be too low. Please check that your microphone input is high enough. You can see how to do it from these links:
- On Windows
- On Mac
3) Your background music could be too loud. If you are using speakers, make sure that those are not too loud. Alternatively you can use headphones.
4) Turn off any effects if you are using an electric/ electroacoustics ukulele. Any effect will affect the recognition, please use as clear signal as you can to get the best recognition.
4. FIRST SESSION
This article will guide you trough the first Yousician UKULELE session.
5. WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO PRACTICE? WHAT IF I'M FINDING A SONG DIFFICULT?
Read these practice tips.
Epiphone 1956 Les Paul Standard Pro
Release Manager at Yousician