Having difficulties with Yousician Ukulele? Found a bug in the game? Post it here.
By sfsdfd
I've put something like 10-15 hours into the Ukulele track of Yousician, and I'm really loving it. No major show-stopper bugs to report - for a package at this comparatively early level of development, it's remarkably stable. Congrats to the team on maintaining such a great program!

A handful of minor bugs that I've noticed.

1) I've generally done great on most of the beginner and intermediate songs, earning a gold star on many of them. So it's weird that in a couple of specific notes in a few specific songs, Yousician consistently tells me I missed it - even when I'm right on. As in: Yousician tells me I've played every note in the song correctly *except* this one, over and over again.

As best I can tell, there was some kind of mismatch between either the visually displayed note and the note that Yousician required to hear. I have no idea if that's even possible based on how Yousician encodes its tablature, but that's the way it seemed.

2) I've also run into a problem of Yousician not correctly detecting an A chord. Like, *only* A, and nothing else. I have no idea why it's *just that chord*, but for the songs in the highest Strumming exercises, it almost never gave me credit for playing A. I tuned my uke over and over until Yousician told me it was spot-on perfect, and the problem persisted.

The only thing that forced Yousician to register A, about 40% of the time, was if I only played the GCE strings and avoided playing the A string. I was suspecting a possible intonation issue with higher-fretted notes - but of course, in a standard A chord, the A string is unfretted. So... yeah, no idea.

3) After doing reasonably well with a song in the "Songs" pane, Yousician says: "You can continue to the next lesson." Not doing a lesson in this context, of course.

4) I ran into a weird problem where the Songs collection for Ukulele (the only instrument for my subscription) showed me *everything*, including songs for bass and electric guitar. This is made worse by the fact that the Songs menu neither lists the instrument for each song, nor gives you any way to filter.

5) At the same time as I noticed #4, I noticed that when I selected some of the ukulele songs (including Holy Ukulele Public), it starts playing without any music.

6) I'm switching between the iOS version and the OS X / Windows versions solely for convenience. Today, while playing on iOS, I noticed an alert in the "Upgrade" tab:
Please upgrade on the desktop version

Thanks for wanting to upgrade! Because you originally subscribed on our desktop version, we unfortunately can't process your upgrade on our mobile app. Please sign in to the desktop version to upgrade!
Frankly, this message is baffling. First, I've split my time between the iOS and the OS X versions of the app, and the experience is identical - i.e.: I can't find any features missing from the iOS version that suggest that it's not "upgraded" based on my subscription. And second, I can't even tell what this is asking me to do. As best I can tell, I *am* signed in on the desktop version - is it asking me to sign out there and back in again? And how does that even relate to the iOS version? It's all very puzzling.

7) During the trial period, I decided to check out the "Guitar" track just out of curiosity. I found that switching back to the ukulele track was nearly impossible - I seriously spent 5-10 minutes looking for any such option, and couldn't find it. There must be an easy way to switch instruments - preferably in Settings?

Well, that's all for now. It's been a great experience, and I'm looking forward to completing the Picking track, working on polishing up everything - and of course, new lessons and songs in the future.
By rogue_code
sfsdfd wrote: 6) I'm switching between the iOS version and the OS X / Windows versions solely for convenience. Today, while playing on iOS, I noticed an alert in the "Upgrade" tab:
Please upgrade on the desktop version

Thanks for wanting to upgrade! Because you originally subscribed on our desktop version, we unfortunately can't process your upgrade on our mobile app. Please sign in to the desktop version to upgrade!
Frankly, this message is baffling. First, I've split my time between the iOS and the OS X versions of the app, and the experience is identical - i.e.: I can't find any features missing from the iOS version that suggest that it's not "upgraded" based on my subscription. And second, I can't even tell what this is asking me to do. As best I can tell, I *am* signed in on the desktop version - is it asking me to sign out there and back in again? And how does that even relate to the iOS version? It's all very puzzling.
If you click on the same notification in the desktop version it lets you change the subscription, between pay per month and pay per year and one instrument vs all instruments.

I guess the reason they won't let you change that from iOS is that Apple takes a cut of the transaction if you do it there.
7) During the trial period, I decided to check out the "Guitar" track just out of curiosity. I found that switching back to the ukulele track was nearly impossible - I seriously spent 5-10 minutes looking for any such option, and couldn't find it. There must be an easy way to switch instruments - preferably in Settings?
It's right there under Settings->Game->Instrument. How did you manage to switch to guitar in the first place?
Well, that's all for now. It's been a great experience, and I'm looking forward to completing the Picking track, working on polishing up everything - and of course, new lessons and songs in the future.
Just a little tip: they're generally expecting you to jump between the two tracks, not completing one fully and then starting the other one from the beginning.

I think I've actually seen some times that a mission assumed you had knowledge imparted in a lower level mission on the other track.

Your overall level rating is also an average of your progress in the two tracks.

Hi! All the issues with antivirus software mistak[…]