Having difficulties with Yousician? Look here for help. Check the stickies first!
By neilcoxoffice
I find it really frustrating that the songs for the most part aren't real and therefore you have to learn the song before you can learn how to play it - is there a way to import your own songs that you already know?
By Antmax
Yeah. I play the guitar version and in the songs section. You can add your own. It loads Guitar Pro tabs which can be produced in various composing apps. But there are also databases of songs already available in the format online.

Whether the backing track will sound reasonable or not is a bit hit and miss. Would be nice to see some effort put into customizing instruments and maybe midi bank support so you can tweak the backing tracks to your liking.
By Antmax
ylly wrote:How can a song not be real?
I'm sure you knew what me meant. They aren't famous licensed songs from the coolest musicians on the planet AKA Rocksmith. You might get Highway to Helsinki instead.

There are plenty of old classics and I really like the broad range of genres covered. I typically don't listen to country, folk, jaz, latin, reggae etc. But I found I do like playing many of them. If they didn't appear in yousician I probably would have overlooked them. Also a lot of those older classic songs don't need multiple backing instruments to sound good which is nice.
By ylly
Alexicutioner wrote:
ylly wrote:How can a song not be real?
Lol. I left that one alone...
I did at first too, but when it comes to aggressive first post I get somewhat defensive.
Why can't people just say
"Hey Yousician Team, it is wonderful to see such a broad arrangement of songs in this app. And wow you guys are even going through the trouble of composing your own songs and turn them in challenges on a weekly basis. Must be a lot of work. It is inspiring, and keeping me on my toes to play songs I haven't heard before when practicing guitar technics. I have one questions though, does this app come with a feature to upload your own songs so I can practice my favorit topchart songs as well".

I am also lost on the logic that you have to learn a song before you can play it, but that could be just me.
By Alexicutioner
ylly wrote:I am also lost on the logic that you have to learn a song before you can play it, but that could be just me.
I agree. At some point every song whether in Yousician or popular artists was unknown. I would argue the songs in Yousician are excellent in their own right.

I can see the attraction to wishing licensed songs were in the app. Personally, I prefer that there aren't. I like that there are new songs I have never heard continually being added. Vs. "Oh look, there is another damn song I have heard on the radio 50 billion times added to the game..." every week. I imagine I am a minority.

I suppose there is a chance at some point they add licensed songs. I hope that won't mean the end to their internal team of composers/musicians.
By rogue_code
Alexicutioner wrote:
ylly wrote:I am also lost on the logic that you have to learn a song before you can play it, but that could be just me.
I can see the attraction to wishing licensed songs were in the app. Personally, I prefer that there aren't. I like that there are new songs I have never heard continually being added. Vs. "Oh look, there is another damn song I have heard on the radio 50 billion times added to the game..." every week. I imagine I am a minority.
I agree that for the curriculum and the challenges they absolutely need to stick to their self produced (and self-written) songs. This makes a lot more sense from the pedagogical angle, and a lot of this stuff is really really good.

I still can't help think it would be pretty sweet if they made some kind of licensing deal with Arobas Music to allow people who have bought songs from mysongbook to also be able to play them with Yousician (and also access to the RSE tech).
By rogue_code
ylly wrote:I don't think you are violating any laws when you upload songs and set them to private.
Yeah, I've been doing that, but the songs from mysongbook are kinda special in that you don't actually get a .gpx file. If you download them into Guitar Pro you can't edit them or do much of anything with them except play them.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]