Having difficulties with Yousician? Look here for help. Check the stickies first!
By nirvanascott
Ok is there a way to do alternate tunings? I see they re-did guitar tuna and made it a pay app now to get alternate tuning. I paid $120 for this app so it better have the ability especially since they own guitar tuna.
By ylly
I am missing the logic here.
So because someone develops one app, the features of that app should also included in every additional app they make?
Weird.

But to answer your question, no there is no way to tune differently unless you only need E, A, D, G, B, E in a different order.
By nirvanascott
If I pay $120 for an app to learn guitar it should allow me to tune the guitar in other keys since it has a tuner and they have an app that does it. What isn't logical about that? I'm not saying they should give me another app for free but the tuner should be the same as the premium version of guitar tuna since I have a premium account here. Why should we get a sub par tuner as compared to their other app?
By Alexicutioner
"If I pay $120 for an app to learn guitar it should allow me to tune the guitar in other keys since it has a tuner and they have an app that does it. What isn't logical about that?" - They are different apps designed for different purposes. In fact you said the answer in your question. "If I pay $120 for an app to learn guitar" is your answer. It isn't an app to help you tune to any tuning you see fit, which is what a tuner app is for. Yousician is aimed at "general" guitar playing. It may be disappointing to you but, it means less common techniques and tunings aren't covered. No app, guitar program or teacher for that matter is going to be able to teach you everything.

"I'm not saying they should give me another app for free but the tuner should be the same as the premium version of guitar tuna since I have a premium account here." Yes, you are saying they should give you another app for free. Premium in Yousician is premium in Yousician, not premium in Guitar Tuna. I have premium in Yousician and I get zero alternate tunings in Guitar Tuna as I have not paid for them. Makes perfect sense to me.

"Why should we get a sub par tuner as compared to their other app?" - The tuner is built into Yousician for the sake of Yousician's curriculum. If there are no alternate tunings in the app, there is no real reason for them to implement them in the built in tuner. You may not like it, but they have every right to do so. Guitar Tuna is a dedicated tuning app. It makes sense to have alternate tunings in a tuner app that by comparision to Yousician, has a very narrow feature set.

I can use every feature in Yousician without alternate tunings. Until a time comes when alternate tunings are implemented in Yousician the tuner likely won't change.
By JamesNeilson
Hi @nirvanascott, in Yousician the tuner is designed to get you in tune to play the song, so if you'd like to use an alternate tuning, just select a song that uses that tuning, and the tuner adapts. If it's a parallel tuning like Eb (or if a song uses a capo), then there will be an option to transpose the song to match standard tuning for you (rather than re-tune yourself).

In the syllabus there's a mission on alternate tunings, which focuses on Dropped-D since that's the most popular one. Otherwise, you can find or upload songs in the Songs section that use an alternate tuning, and the tuner will adapt to whatever you want to play.

Hope that helps! :-)
By nirvanascott
Thank you for that info and that helps if I know the song but why not make the tuner here the same as your tuning app? Make it the way it is now for free users and premium users should get the premium tuner like on guitar tuna premium. I mean I am new here but doesn't that make sense?
By ylly
I paid for both, so I guess I'll get a discount then?

I think it should work the other way around. You use Yousician, find the tuner useful, you buy the app because you have an interest outside Yousician to use advanced features of the tuner app.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]