Having difficulties with Yousician? Look here for help. Check the stickies first!
By SpaceFlightOrange
The latest update now has MIDI support which is great as it means I no longer need to run SoundFlower with Garageband to get audio from my Midi Keyboard.

However, it seems to me that the app (Mac version, at least) is not using the midi data to determine how well I'm playing, rather using audio. This is very hit and miss, much worse than my previous setup mentioned above.

frequently when calibrating before a lesson it fails to recognise that a key has been pressed; not all the keys I'm told to press, just one or two, and sometimes it will visually show me that it thinks I've pressed the wrong key.

During a lesson, it will give me a red mark saying I've missed a note when I haven't, though, thankfully, this is less frequent. Also when doing the chord exercises against the clock, It has on occasion failed to recognise that I've played the chord, cause me to play it over and over.

It's very frustrating.

I was really glad to see the MIDI included, but until its stable, I shall be using my previous set up.
By dthree
I just started piano yesterday and am seeing the same thing. At first it worked fine. I went through all the basic lessons without any trouble, but the separate path lessons always fail to recognize keys at the calibration screen. The in-song note detection seems to be fine for me, however.

The funny thing is I just assumed it would work with midi, so i plugged in a very old keyboard wth a usb midi interface and it worked right away. Once I started going through the help documentation, I couldn't even find a reference to direct midi. The documentation should be updated to include this.
By SpaceFlightOrange
The biggest frustration for me is that i cannot get gold stars on the 3 note jam Jumpin Keys song because it always fail to recognise that I've played the short A notes, even though you can hear it play, I get a red mark.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]