Having difficulties with Yousician? Look here for help. Check the stickies first!
By Daemon Golgoth
I just started with Yousician and this is really frustrating. I feel I have pretty decent rhythm after playing for nearly 20 years, but for some reason, my picking is a bit late according to the play along portions. I have to pick in advance for my phone (Galaxy S6) to register green. Is there some sort of calibration option I don't see?
By p90player
Daemon Golgoth wrote:I just started with Yousician and this is really frustrating. I feel I have pretty decent rhythm after playing for nearly 20 years, but for some reason, my picking is a bit late according to the play along portions. I have to pick in advance for my phone (Galaxy S6) to register green. Is there some sort of calibration option I don't see?

Hi

Are you using the external mic of the phone or are you connected directly to the phone with an interface cable?

Mark
By Catketch
could just be an issue with latency on that device (see http://superpowered.com/latency). The latest yousician standalone release added a setting to adjust buffer size too -- i'm guessing that will make it's way to the mobile versions, so that might help as well.
By Daemon Golgoth
R0 wrote:
Daemon Golgoth wrote:I just started with Yousician and this is really frustrating. I feel I have pretty decent rhythm after playing for nearly 20 years, but for some reason, my picking is a bit late according to the play along portions. I have to pick in advance for my phone (Galaxy S6) to register green. Is there some sort of calibration option I don't see?

Hi

Are you using the external mic of the phone or are you connected directly to the phone with an interface cable?

Mark
Hey Mark,

I'm using the external mic of my phone. I have it sitting in front of a very small Fender amp and should have no problem picking up sound. And I don't believe that the amp is loud enough that it would cause any sort of input distortion that would cause accuracy issues.
By Daemon Golgoth
Catketch wrote:could just be an issue with latency on that device (see http://superpowered.com/latency). The latest yousician standalone release added a setting to adjust buffer size too -- i'm guessing that will make it's way to the mobile versions, so that might help as well.
I took the test and the result was 40ms. That sounds like it could definitely be the problem. Thanks.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]