Having difficulties with Yousician? Look here for help. Check the stickies first!
By Jajcus
I have the same problem here. I was happy to see that the Linux build has been fixed and does not crash any more as soon as a song is started& but the lags/stuttering make in unplayable.

kernel: Linux 4.8.6-1
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6267U CPU @ 2.90GHz
GPU: integrated Intel Iris Graphics 550
GPU drivers: OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 13.0.0

The game used to work smothly last week, on i3 / HD Graphics 4600

Audio interface:
Built-in 'HDA Intel PCH' or Lexicon Alpha USB interface, PulseAudio or ALSA - does not matter

The lagging is visible in the GUI even when no song is started.
By nocnyptak
Jonu wrote:Hi, sorry for delayed answers and problems you are having. This problem seem to happen only to some users. It would be great help if you could post your Operations system and Audio card information here. Thanks!
Hi Jonu,

I struggled a lot on
1. Windows 10 (anniversary update) with Realtek Audio
and
2. Android 4.4 (not sure how to check audio)

I must say that YS app improved a lot after latest two updates (I was unable to play at some point) but it still shows abnormal behaviour from time to time. My main pains&aches:

- I posted win 10 crash reports to support (Att. Bruno) because YS stopped responding at the end of the song or crashed when you tried to open daily goals (seems improved dramatically after latest update) and it still stops responding for a short while (and then shows scoring) - I thought it may be something about YS server response while sending data perhaps. My broadband is good and I checked it on other services providers too.

- on all devices there is sometimes a kind of choke at the end of the song (no rule when)

- app stops responding on the main layer together with "You are slightly out of tune message" while the song still going on in the background (this still happens on all my devices)

- ball stops moving (notes normally scrolling but with no recognition) and song or ys app needs restarting to fix it (on win 10)

- when you play a part of the song it sometimes hangs until the whole background track is played to the end (not just a part of it)

- tuner is playing up (sometimes does not react at all and mostly it tunes slightly too low)

- rocksmith cable is often recognized but not active in settings (and I need to activate it manually). But then tuner stops responding

May I use this opportunity to remind about repetitive issues with tenor uke low G recognition - it mostly works now but sometimes just cannot get it for no reason.

And also, when I play piano and somehow disconnect my midi cable YS app fails to switch to midi and I have to quit the song and go to settings (no possibility to go via calibration etc (on guitar app you can go via tuner to audio settings)

It would be great if you could help and address these issues.

Thanks very much.
By ylly
It is weird. I am on Windows 10 too, also with some kind of standard Realtek Audio card and never had any issue with the app.
Not with GB, not with Yousician, but the recent updates (last few weeks) have made the app act up in strange ways every now and then.

It is still playable, and even when the screen acts up weird (stutters, or loops back a few notes) the app seems to register the notes just fine.

So for me personally, please stop tweeking the app. :)
By BrunoC6
Hi guys,

A new version of Yousician has been released for PC. Could you give a try and let me know if the issue persists?
By nocnyptak
It is way better, thank you!
App stopped responding a few times but recovered on its own. It does choke at the end of the song (on ipad too) so it may be something about the server too.

Great job.

Jonu, Can I ask what is going on with auto in practice mode? In some songs it seems to work fine, in others it doesn't work at all.

For example, after playing this week guitar lvl 9 challenge I had a message 0 notes our of 12 or something like that. Or when I played a lvl8 mission song on piano: auto mode didn't count notes at all and did not show any messages.

For many players it is great loss when auto feature is not working and they say somebody is not doing their job etc because it is an old issue. Could you help to solve that problem on your way too?

Thanks very much for all your hard work. We really appreciate your job.
By nocnyptak
Jonu,

Would you be able to check for us issue with practice mode faults after implementation of chords name?

Another.player, for example, wrote:

For instance, for the arpeggio (guitar)missions we wanted to see the name of the chord mentioned so it was easier to get our fretting hand in place. That feature got added, but now the 'auto' option in practice mode doesn't work properly anymore when working on those songs

Jonu, we love your hard work! Please help to fix all those little things. Thanks so much!
By f3flight
Have not used Yousician for a while on my tablet/laptop, but if worked fine earlier when I used 1280x720 res. Now the app stutters visually which makes it hard to read the flowing tabs. Definite regression. I noticed that it stutters only when ASIO is used.

My hardware is:
Windows 10 Pro x64
Core M-5Y71 with Intel HD 5300 GPU
1920x1080 display (Yousician is set to 1280x720 to avoid lag, worked well on this setting before but not with the current release)
4GB RAM
M.2 SSD
Behringer UMC404 USB audio interface, supports ASIO

CPU is barely loaded when the app stutters - seems to be something in the app itself. Switched to Windows Audio for now, which does not stutter.
By Diablo0311
The problem is not fixed till yet.The Ball stutterung in practice mode.In Performance mode it runs smooth.
I'm very unlucky with this program now.At the beginning i was happy but at the moment i can't use it anymore.If the practice mode didn't wok smooth,the whole programm is useless for me.Ive reinstalled the programm but its allways the same issue. :cry:
Bey bey 100$ :|
By Jonu
nocnyptak wrote:Jonu,

Would you be able to check for us issue with practice mode faults after implementation of chords name?

Another.player, for example, wrote:

For instance, for the arpeggio (guitar)missions we wanted to see the name of the chord mentioned so it was easier to get our fretting hand in place. That feature got added, but now the 'auto' option in practice mode doesn't work properly anymore when working on those songs

Jonu, we love your hard work! Please help to fix all those little things. Thanks so much!

Yeah, there seems to be a bug indeed there. We'll look in to this issues. Thanks for reporting
By Diablo0311
I've upgrade my PC an reinstalled Yousician,but its the same issue than with my old PC.The Video hang up .At start of the song small lags but it will be longer Lags while the song.Thats unplayable for me.
My old PC was the one in my first Post on Page 1.
My new PC :
I7 6700K
Asus Maximus Viii Ranger
16 GB GSkill Trident Z PC3000
Gainward GTX1070 Phoenix GS
I use the onboard Sound by Realtec
OS Win 10 Pro 64

Its a joke,that the program doesn't run on this system.
One core of the Processor will be able to handle this little Program.
Its an abolut shame.
I will no more spend any Dollar in this Prog.
I am so disapointet abaout i'm unable to play this now about 4 Months.
When I pay for 1 Year i will use this for one year and not only 8 months.
Thats shit Crap!!!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]