Having difficulties with Yousician? Look here for help. Check the stickies first!
Do other Yousician user notice that the music uploading function disappeared?
I love to find the songs that inspired me but not available on Yousician in musicxml format and upload onto Yousician so I can practice. But now this feature disappeared.

If you don't know what it is, you can see this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hthMBhJ3veY

If Yousician decided to take it out, please bring it back. If other users think they can benefit from this, please also speak out. Thank you.
I complained to Yousician and I received their response in 1 day. This is the reply:

"Thanks for reaching out to us!

We are an education services provider and as such, strive to provide you with the best tools possible, for you to reach your musical goals. In order for us to keep the software up to a high standard and improve the overall code quality of Yousician, we are continuing with the sunset of the song upload feature.

The sunset started in June when user uploaded songs were changed to private. Backing track support ended recently and the song upload feature has been removed with 2.58 update version to the app. Unfortunately other technical changes have made the maintenance of user uploaded songs unsustainable and they will be gradually removed from the app.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and thank you for your understanding."

I am glad that I received their response so quick, but I am not happy with their decision. One of the biggest motivation is that I can import musicxml format from the songs that I used to love when I was young. I listened to them again and again, and start playing piano from the notes I can found in the Internet. For example, I could not believe I play "Canon in D" which I uploaded to "my songs", so I played again and again. Your classes are great, but it does not fit into everybody's learning style.. And it does not have all the songs that people feel connected to and are inspired.

Based on my experience, uploading musicxml (I didn't try other formats) is not always working. It is probably due to complex coding issues between musicxml and Yousician's structure. I am also fine with Youcisian changing 'uploaded songs' to private. But I don't understand it said "the maintenance of user uploaded songs unsustainable" since I am not an IT guy.

I am a premium Yousician pay members and I am glad that I found this app helping me in learning music. But I am very disappointed by this decision. And I hope Yousician is not like many other software / app / platform which only focus on maximizing profit eventually forget what is the mission of this platform.
Due to this, I was forced by Yousician to upload the song that I love to Guitar Pro 6 app on my Mac since now I cannot upload the songs I love to Yousicain.

It is fine. It makes me to be independent and learn how to read music notes in the traditional way rather than depending on Yousician's running colorful notes. It's a slow start, but I am getting there.

But if one day I am good enough to read the traditional notes fast enough, then there is no need for me to subscribe Yousician anymore.

Forced to learn is not necessary bad.
There are 3 reason that come to mind.

1) Backward compability when they change how songs are read in.
2) the possibility of sharing user made songs might be a problem
3) Money

The first reason I find rather unlikely, because it would mean they would have to change all songs every time they change how files are read.

The second reason might be a problem ... but its hard to imagine that this the reason to scrap such feature.

The last reason is for me what it looks like considering that adding and sharing privat somg files might reduce the number willing to pay for premium + in the long run.

Keep in mind those are only speculations of mine...
I am SO disappointed by this! As a classroom ukulele teacher this function was AMAZING for helping my classes learn certain songs. I would create backing tracks for our concert songs and make them yousician assignments based on them.

The regular yousician programming is wonderful, but it does not include enough repetition for my classes of 3rd and 4th graders. We need more songs that drill certain chord changes or patterns. This is why I LOVED the song creation function because I could add my own to my curriculum as needed.

Is there any word on creating a separate app for this, or the "new exciting" function that is supposed to replace this, according to the earlier announcement?
grebedaycroft wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:22 pm
I am SO disappointed by this! As a classroom ukulele teacher this function was AMAZING for helping my classes learn certain songs. I would create backing tracks for our concert songs and make them yousician assignments based on them.

The regular yousician programming is wonderful, but it does not include enough repetition for my classes of 3rd and 4th graders. We need more songs that drill certain chord changes or patterns. This is why I LOVED the song creation function because I could add my own to my curriculum as needed.

Is there any word on creating a separate app for this, or the "new exciting" function that is supposed to replace this, according to the earlier announcement?
The exciting news is that you can pay more for songs + instruments you dont need and have your screen spammed with songs you cant play - no adding of own songs. I really wonder if they have a money problem ... ?

The thing is. .if these xml files are unreliable then obviously they should give an option to add songs properly. Give it additionally a sharing platform and we are back in business...
Alter8888 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:03 pm
I just canceled my subscription. Was fun while it lasted.

Truth is, the changes to the product are material and we should be provided with a refund.
Hello, Alter8888:

After 2 weeks of consideration and trying Yousician again several times I have lost my passion using this app. Using Yousician I cannot learn regular music notes because Yousician's moving notes are so easy to recognize. So I am so slow to pick up regular music notes. But after using Guitar Pro 6 to train my music reading skills, I realize that nothing is un-learnable. I struggled, but I can slowly pick up some songs.

I decide I will not pay $14.99 for premium music app that very few songs really inspire me anymore. I have sponsored them enough. So, like you, I say goodbye to Yousician.

Hi! All the issues with antivirus software mistak[…]