Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Bass here
By axeman73
I've been in jazz bass heaven this week, playin' with my new toy, now I've done nothing to it so far as it's pretty much straight out of the box. Which leads into a common bass question.

What are your preferences? Round wound or Flat wound strings?

I currently run flat wounds on my p-bass and I love them from a comfort level, and for the loss of that annoying " frrrp " you get when doing slides. I'm most likely going to put flats on the Jazz as well.

What's your opinion on the subject from a tonal point of view ? The "P" and the "J" are so different in their tonal characteristics. I'm going to learn the trial way, as I prefer flats.
By got2bjokin
I have a 24 fret long scale LTD B10. It used to have 105 round strings but I have recently changed 100's flat wound.
I probably shouldn't have brought a long scale bass to learn with, can be a real stretch with some of the more difficult songs and patterns.
Oh well, you live and learn; you also get used to it :D
By RedHotFuzz
Flats all the way. More comfortable, last longer.

I use the Thomastik-Infeld Jazz flatwound. They feel great and the lower tension helps me avoid wrist/hand pain.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]