Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Bass here
By toybreaker
I am almost through Level 3 in the bass track and feel I have worked out a few kinks as far as fingering, finger strength, etc but feel like I'm mostly just doing Simon Says and not really learning the fretboard, what i need to know to jam with others, scales, shapes, etc. Am I missing something? Is there a section I just havent seen yet?
Would really like to know what you folks are doing to learn these things. Thanks for any help this noob can get.
By ylly
Using the metaphor of reading and the alphabet, look upon Yousician as a tool to practice reading. It is not teaching you grammar.

The knowledge path will likely cover the things you mention but it is not present yet for bass.
By RedHotFuzz
toybreaker wrote:I am almost through Level 3 in the bass track and feel I have worked out a few kinks as far as fingering, finger strength, etc but feel like I'm mostly just doing Simon Says and not really learning the fretboard, what i need to know to jam with others, scales, shapes, etc. Am I missing something? Is there a section I just havent seen yet?
Would really like to know what you folks are doing to learn these things. Thanks for any help this noob can get.
Try working through the songs in notation view. That should go a long way in learning the fretboard.
I'd say Yousician is quite cool when you need to warm your finger up and to learn a random new song and have fun. Still you need a normal teacher to master bass, Yousician won't teach you to REALLY play. With Yousician you'll get the ability to follow the colorful boxes and you know... it's not what you'll get when you come to the real rehearsals :)

Hi! All the issues with antivirus software mistak[…]