Want to know about updates and announcements, this is the right place.
By pinky420
y6+

still cant play songs because embedded it says cant download anything from you tube BUT you can add an extra payment ,method you ppl suck this is why i stop paying fort this crap service fix it an maybe ill pay again ,,,,, do you even beta test shit before :x releasing ? :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
By lehik
Mom is the best wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:59 pm
... They made no prior announcement that they were going to do this, they just did it.

I 100% agree that the pace they went forward was way too fast and transition could have been done much more smoothly, like giving more detailed info inside the app like telling users that "the following songs in your collections are going private after x.x.xxxx." and give some argument why this is happening and being more open about upcoming changes. Well, they were somewhat open with their announcement and told about "technical challenges" but many believe the best guess is about the upcoming content from actual real-life bands, which brings us to the copyrights...

They give you a bunch of bull about copyright laws. Well if someone made up some music to go with a particular song that person is the author. If said author didn't want anyone to play it then don't share it. If it is shared then that is their sole problem if someone copies it and goes on to be paid royalties and get rich.

To my understanding the case is not about the song/tabs inside Yousician but the backing tracks, which are usually copyrighted material, now matter how you look at them. The person who created the track in Yousician is of course the author of the track itself, but (almost every time) not the author of the backing track and has no rights do distribute it. Of course there's copyright-free stuff available but based on my experience lots of user-generated songs used copyrighted backing tracks.

One problem is that for example Youtube ads are not shown inside Yousician (lost ad revenue) and the bigger problem is the fact that one could easily create copies of the upcoming real-band songs and share them for free. I kinda see the clash between "allow users to create and share tracks with any backing tracks" and "offer premium content from actual bands and make people pay extra for it to compensate the licensing costs" ideologies and I don't think those two cases could live at the same time. That being said, in my opinion they should have kept the option for "real" backing tracks for private songs AND allow people to share drills/exercises with simple backing tracks (at least drums, maybe simple chords progressions).
By robwood32
Still no response from Yousician then?
What I’m now getting is not what I subscribed to, so how about a rebate until this “new and exciting” thing is in place?
Then if we think it is worth the money we will sign up to it!
This is just a plain rip off, offer one thing then change it to something worthless after taking the money and locking us in to a 12 month contract.
I seriously doubt I’ll resubscribe unless this changes immensely!
By Max_DF
I hope you are going to show as soon as possible the new exciting thing that will keep all of us with YOUSICIAN, because all ABSOLUTELY all of the users were enjoying the private songs sharing and even more, the different levels of songs, like in my case I had groups with Level3 Songs, Level4 songs, Level 5 Songs... And so on... But now everything is EMPTY, without advise us or give the oportunity to export or do something... All my reasons to continue in YOUSICIAN are OUT... And we have UBERCHORDS with original SONGS and more interesting options than YOUSICIAN...
Someone said years ago "RECTIFY is WISE"...

We will wait till 2.52 and in case our music won't return, and sharing tabs too I'm sure YOUSICIAN will die really fast... :? :?
By gront
Since I subscribed the app was getting worse. Lots of good songs disapeared and now you only can repeat the same all the time. I hope it fets better. Now I’m unsubscribed.
By Mom is the best
WELL HERE WE ARE JUST ABOUT 10 DAYS AFTER THIS LAST VERSION THAT DELETED OUR SONGS AND PROMISED SOMETHING "NEW AND EXCITING" AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE IT!!!! BUT THEY HAVE OUR MONEY

I COULD CARE LESS IF A SONG I CREATED HAD A YOUTUBE VIDEO ON IT. ITS THE MUSIC THAT PEOPLE HAVE CREATED THEIR VERSION OF THAT WE WANT TO PLAY.

I SEE BY READING SOME OF THESE THREADS THAT YOUSICIAN HAS HAD THIS PROGRAM FOR YEARS AND NOW AFTER ALL THIS TIME THEY WANT TO DELETE THINGS. I'M SURE YOU WERE AWARE OF WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH SHARING WAY BACK THEN.

CANCELLATION IS COMING SOON IF THE NEW VERSION ISN'T UPLOADED SOON. AND EVEN AT THAT I MAY STILL CANCEL DEPENDING ON WHAT THEY DO. BUT I AM NOT GOING TO SIT HERE ANOTHER MONTH PAYING FOR SOMETHING THAT I ORIGINALLY PICKED BECAUSE IT SEEMED BETTER THAN OTHER PROGRAMS AND AM NOW NOT GETTING.
By jac13152
This update ruins any value this app had for me. If I am unable to play real songs from the artists I love there’s no reason for me to have this app. This change makes this app worthless and I hope I am able to get a refund.
By jac13152
Yousician was the perfect learning tool until this update. There was no warning and no one even has the decency to respond to the numerous complaints posted on this forum. Since this forum was created to receive feedback from the customer, this is a total slap in the face. I recently purchased a subscription for another year under the impression that I would be able to use the same features I had grown accustomed to. What I got instead was something completely useless to me. I have already completed all of the lessons and have no desire to play the same boring songs over again. Yousician has done a disservice to all of its loyal customers and should issue refunds to anyone who agrees. I would much rather spend the money I wasted on private lessons or a game like rocksmith that has REAL songs. Beethoven is great and all but I much prefer Pink Floyd and Metallica. Yousician will continue to receive poor reviews and immense negative feedback until a suitable solution is reached. They have betrayed the trust of thousands of loyal, paying customers and dont deserve to receive payment. The value of the app has completely dissipated. If they did not receive the copyrights necessary to use songs from real artists that is THEIR FAULT!!!!
By islandsky
I agree with all of the comments about the extent to which deleting all of the user-generated songs devalues Yousician. It is disrespectful and unfair to users who have been practicing a user generated song for weeks or months. To be frank most of the "The Yousician" generated songs are boring.

I also agree that the app itself has progressively become less user-friendly.

Is anyone aware of a better service that I can switch to. It is a shame how Yousician has degenerated. I used to boast to everyone about how good Yousician was.
Tuner not recognizing Low G

I have a low G. Download the yousician app called[…]

Advanced beginner

I should have said that the app will give you a ch[…]

Bulding Speed/Agility

Or you could practice scales using the alternate p[…]

Some people will be mortified at this but half the[…]