Want to know about updates and announcements, this is the right place.
By lehik
Code: Select all
jac13152 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:12 am
Since this forum was created to receive feedback from the customer, this is a total slap in the face.

Agreed. The silence is not golden in this case, I'd say...

...game like rocksmith that has REAL songs. Beethoven is great and all but I much prefer Pink Floyd and Metallica.
If they did not receive the copyrights necessary to use songs from real artists that is THEIR FAULT!!!!

Just to clarify, here's the announcement considering upcoming "changes and new features":
https://www.facebook.com/notes/yousicia ... 568081186/

TL;DR
We've been working for quite a while to bring popular songs to Yousician, and are happy to tell you that we are launching popular songs soon! Among the first artists available are Adele, ABBA, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, R.E.M, Van Morrison, Iron Maiden, Eminem and Whitney Houston, with plenty more to come!

Also, they're saying that there will changes to pricing structure. None of the bands above match to my music taste and I won't be throwing in any extra money based on that list, but we'll see what they come up with. I believe that the real-band content is the reason for dropping out shareable user-generated songs, but I still can't understand why they dropped out Song Creator and privately hosted backing tracks.
By tplambdin
The removal of song uploads with the MP3 file is a major blunder. The capability to learn an instrument via songs that you actually want to play was the major differentiator between Yousician and other online learning tools such as Guitar Tricks or JamPlay. Yousician had the only accurate capability of syncing a tab file with a real song, making learning songs fast, easy and fun. Without the real song as a backing track, timing becomes more difficult as you can't queue off the other instruments. This update has taken a valid learning tool and downgraded it back to a game (GuitarBots). As someone using Yousician to learn bass, the usefulness of the lessons and learning features ended quite a while ago. I now strictly use Yousician to learn new, more challenging songs.

As far as the additional of new and popular songs, with the massive amount of music available and the limitless variation in what people like to hear and play, I see no value is this path over the capability to upload and learn the exact songs that I'm interested in.

I can only hope that Yousician is going to release the tab/MP3 sync capability as a standalone app with the same Yousician interface and features...tab syncing to music sources (DropBox, Google Drive, etc.), tab editing, etc. While GoPlayAlong 4 is decent, the sync capability sometimes falls short and the interface simply mimics the tab file.
The new Yousician update was a complete failure. It must be better and fixed or I will not renew my subscription because of the following:

Searching will bring up collections with NOTHING in them.
The only songs I find is my songs and Yousician songs (besides collections made by other people/users).
No more publicly sharing songs due to YOUSICIAN’s “publicity no more” rule for songs.

IT JUST IS JUST HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Mom is the best
HAS ANYONE READ THE INFORMATION THEY POSTED TODAY REGARDING THE NEW VERSION 2.52???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME. THIS IS THEIR "NEW AND EXCITING" UPDATE THEY PROMISED.. WHAT THE ----. PLUS HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK.

REGARDING THE YOUSICIAN SONGS THAT WE ALREADY HAVE PLUS THE SUPPOSEDLY NEW ONES WE ARE GOING TO GET ARE ALL BORING TO ME ALSO. I GREW UP LISTENING TO METALLICA, AC/DC, PINK FLOYD, ZZ TOP, OZZY, GUNS N ROSES. PLUS EVEN LOVED SOME OF THE POPULAR SONGS FROM THE LAST 10 YEARS OR SO. LP (LOVED YOUR SONGS CHESTER R.I.P).

YOUSICIAN CAN GO BACK AND PLAY WITH THEIR JINGLE AT THE BEGINNING TO THE PROGRAM. OH YEAH, THEY CAN'T, THEY DELETED THAT TOO. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
By Mom is the best
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT, HERE IS WHAT THEY ARE SAYING:

This week Yousician will be updated to version 2.52. The update will become available for desktop users (Windows and MacOS) on Monday 9th July and for mobile users (iOS and Android) later on the same week.

Summary

This version brings some changes and improvements as well as bug fixes.

New features and changes

[Ukulele] Chord evaluation has been changed resulting in improved recognition of chords on all levels both for beginners and more advanced players.

Bug fixes and technical improvements

A bug which made some users unable to continue during a lesson, even when every song section was successfully played, has been fixed.
PC users may have had issues with the app crashing when watching video tutorials; this no longer happens.

We hope that you will enjoy the new version of Yousician. Please leave your comments and feedback below. We would love to hear from you!

Keep on rocking!
Your Yousician team
By louise106
Gutted that this app has gone downhill with each update. If something drastic does not change for the better soon my subscription will be ending. Why can’t we learn to play the songs we love anymore and get forced to play only what you have which is pretty depressing. I loved this app and have learnt so much from it. Please go back to how it was before 🤞😿

Absolutely... i am totally hooked😄🎸 Hey Yousician[…]

iRig 2 with PC

iRig 2 is not a USB device and not really intended[…]

Okay I know this sounds like a ridiculously obviou[…]

Learning to read music

Yesterday I stumble upon courses on Yousician to l[…]