Want to know about updates and announcements, this is the right place.
By anton.ys

Yousician update - version 2.56

Hello fellow Yousicians!

This week Yousician will be updated to version 2.56. The update will be available for desktop users (Windows and MacOS) on Monday 10th September and later on the same week for mobile users (iOS and Android).

Summary

With this update we are releasing a bunch of new songs, adding the option for ongoing All Instruments plan subscribers to switch to Premium+, and introducing visual changes to the Home screen. We also did some small improvements to the app and fixed some bugs.

New songs for Premium+ users
We are releasing new songs with the 2.56 update made famous by the following artists (please note that the content may vary based on the instrument and your region):
  • Imagine Dragons: "Next To Me"
  • R.E.M.: "Everybody Hurts"
  • Twisted Sister: "I Wanna Rock"
  • Abba: "The Winner Takes It All"
  • 3 Doors Down: "Here Without You"
  • Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: "American Girl"
  • Axwell /\ Ingrosso: "More Than You Know"
  • Alejandro Sanz: "Corazon Partio"
  • Pearl Jam: "Black"
  • Hunter Hayes: "I Want Crazy"
  • B.B. King, Tracy Chapman: The Thrill Is Gone
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd: Free Bird

New features and changes
  • The songs on the Home screen will now display the exercise name below the artist name. This will help you to distinguish between different versions of the songs you want to play right away.
  • Voice - The Knowledge path was added to the Voice syllabus to help you learn some theory and useful skills behind singing. Give it a try!
  • All Instruments subscribers with ongoing subscription will now be able to upgrade to Premium+! Just select any of the Premium+ songs in the app and you'll get an option to switch your plan. Please note that if the auto renewal of your subscription is cancelled, you won't be able to upgrade just yet. However, we are already working on this option and it should become available pretty soon.
  • The video recording feature, previously available for iOS users, has been removed from the app. We would like to thank everyone who used the feature for your support and feedback!

Bug fixes and technical improvements
  • All tooltips in the app have been updated with a better styling.
  • The piano keyboard will be again visible for all levels in Yousician. Thank you for your feedback on the previous change!
  • When adjusting the loop region in the practice mode the fretboard will be again moving together with the loop handles.
  • Voice - In some rare cases your syllabus progress could be lost. This won't happen anymore.
  • Piano - The app will no longer evaluate notes incorrectly (1/2 step higher) when switching to piano from voice.
  • In some rare cases, the lyrics were overlapping each other when using Voice. This should not happen anymore.
  • The stars animation will now be displayed correctly for the Daily Lesson.
  • Your top score will now always be updated when finishing a song.
  • Exercises in the Workout collection will now have the correct level displayed.
  • MacOS dock will no longer disappear when using Yousician on a Mac device.

We hope that you will enjoy the new songs and improvements we made with the new version of Yousician. Please leave your comments and feedback below. We would love to hear from you!

Keep on rocking!
Your Yousician team
By cyrusbrooks
Thank you for fixing the scroll bar. I mentioned it last time, so I'm very pleased.
Please also fix the audio icon.
Check this: Plug in a midi keyboard and you see an icon to go into the audio settings. You can change the volume on a song to get it right or change your interface, etc. Unplug the midi keyboard and the option disappears. So if you use an acoustic piano or speaker/mic, then there is no option to change the volume of the yousician song. You have to exit the song and go about 4 menu items, change the setting and go back again. That's crazy. Try it and you may understand what I mean. It just needs an icon for audio settings, even if there is no "mixer", just put the icon (cogwheel) and let us go to the settings directly.
By miloblack
>> All Instruments subscribers with ongoing subscription will now be able to upgrade to Premium+! Just select any of the Premium+ songs in the app and you'll get an option to switch your plan.

Fabulous! I'd love to do this! But..... how? I can't find this in the Windows 10 app? Can you help?
By runkenshi
These are the songs for Ukulele at the moment, I really, really don't like upgrading to the 5 euro more version for just this small list of songs. And it's a month since the start of Premium and just this handful of new songs? Come on... like seriously.... come on. Now you guys make me wonder why I even pay up €10 a month to play the 'non premium' songs. Hope there will be more songs soon and otherwise I will not renew my subscription in November.

Alejandro Sanz - Corazon Partio
Aretha Franklin - Respect
Abba - Mamma Mia
Al Green - Let's Stay Together
Air Supply - All Out of Love

Brett Young - In case you didn't know
Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
Bill Withers - Lean on me
Bobby McFerin - Don't worry be Happy (In C)
Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
Buena Vista Social Club - Chan Chan
The Beatles - I Want To HOld Your Hand

Coldplay - Yellow (In C)
Coldplay - The Scientist
Coldplay - Clocks (in G)
Chris Stapleton - Millionaire
Carly Simon - You're so Vain
Callum Scott - Dancing on my own (in C)

Daughter - Youth
Don McLean - American Pie

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

Florence and the Machine - Ship to wreck
Florence and the Machine - Cosmic Love
Florence and the Machine - Dog Days Are Over

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive

Hunter Hayes - Wanted

Imagine Dragons - Next to me
Imagine Dragons - It's Time
Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World

Mountain - Mississippi Queen
Miley Cyrus - Adore You
Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning
The Mama's & The Papa's - California Dreaming (in Dm)
Otis Redding - (Sittin'On) The Dock Of the Bay

Pixies - Here Comes Your Man

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts
R.E.M. - It's the end of the world as we know it
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Under The Bridge
Roxette - It must have been love
Rod Stewart - Sailing (In C)

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
Does this version still support importing Guitar Pro files? I am confused, because the '+' sign is missing from the Songs page - does it only appear for Premium + users or is it actually no longer a capability? If not, how come there are still all those articles about it in the help wiki?
By sam21poddy
I just updated to 2.56 and am a premium all instruments subscriber, but still can't see any premium songs. I am in Australia. Are we going to get the premium songs here in Australia?
By p90player
runkenshi wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:24 pm
These are the songs for Ukulele at the moment, I really, really don't like upgrading to the 5 euro more version for just this small list of songs. And it's a month since the start of Premium and just this handful of new songs? Come on... like seriously.... come on. Now you guys make me wonder why I even pay up �10 a month to play the 'non premium' songs. Hope there will be more songs soon and otherwise I will not renew my subscription in November.

Alejandro Sanz - Corazon Partio
Aretha Franklin - Respect
Abba - Mamma Mia
Al Green - Let's Stay Together
Air Supply - All Out of Love

Brett Young - In case you didn't know
Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
Bill Withers - Lean on me
Bobby McFerin - Don't worry be Happy (In C)
Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
Buena Vista Social Club - Chan Chan
The Beatles - I Want To HOld Your Hand

Coldplay - Yellow (In C)
Coldplay - The Scientist
Coldplay - Clocks (in G)
Chris Stapleton - Millionaire
Carly Simon - You're so Vain
Callum Scott - Dancing on my own (in C)

Daughter - Youth
Don McLean - American Pie

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

Florence and the Machine - Ship to wreck
Florence and the Machine - Cosmic Love
Florence and the Machine - Dog Days Are Over

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive

Hunter Hayes - Wanted

Imagine Dragons - Next to me
Imagine Dragons - It's Time
Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World

Mountain - Mississippi Queen
Miley Cyrus - Adore You
Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning
The Mama's & The Papa's - California Dreaming (in Dm)
Otis Redding - (Sittin'On) The Dock Of the Bay

Pixies - Here Comes Your Man

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts
R.E.M. - It's the end of the world as we know it
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Under The Bridge
Roxette - It must have been love
Rod Stewart - Sailing (In C)

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl

Wow do you expect to play them all in 1 month at all levels? What are you going to signup for $15/mo if you cancel Yousician? I am sure you spend more money on Apple Itunes, Internet Service or coffee each month but for something you use as a learning tool, it is too expensive?

Absolutely... i am totally hooked😄🎸 Hey Yousician[…]

iRig 2 with PC

iRig 2 is not a USB device and not really intended[…]

Okay I know this sounds like a ridiculously obviou[…]

Learning to read music

Yesterday I stumble upon courses on Yousician to l[…]