Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Guitar here
By philip0908
Hello,

I asked this a few days ago in another thread but either nobody expected a new question there or nobody wanted to answer :D

I have two questions regarding beding:

1. Do I usually use my ring and middle finger to apply pressure? I feel that it works best for me when I have ring and middle finger in the fret and the index somewhat left to the other two fingers. However, it happens that I play a note with my pinky finger and the next thing to do is a bend. Do I keep my pinky on the string and bend or do I still switch to ring and middle finger?

2. When bending low frets (especially high e, b, maybe even g), do I tilt my hand so that I kind of put my fingers below the string and lift it up? Because when I keep my hand kind of straight (fingers 90 degrees to the string), I have to apply loads of pressure to the very string to even bend it. This really hurts but I dont know whether it does because my fingers are not yet used to it or because it's the wrong technique.

Thanks in advance!
By joe owens
It gets easier using more fingers to achieve the bend strength - with practice, and it is worthwhile to develop strength in the pinky because 4 is better than 3. There are a lot of YouTube tutorials and cheats, tips, etc. Try looking at the secrets of David Gilmour's technique.

There are a few exercises you will encounter fairly soon that ask for extensive pinky skills. Enough to balk you on the automatic tempo promotion if you don't have them yet.

Which fingers do you guys use to play the 5th and […]

Internet connection

Just downloaded and started my journey. App works […]

I am experiencing the same issue - -Scarlett Solo […]

I agree, Having the lyrics scrolling along with th[…]