Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Guitar here
I've been trying to fix this for a year now, hoping that my fingers would get stronger and the problem would fix itself. But no...
When I play power chords my ring finger stays straight at the middle joint, bent almost 90° at the top joint, and then that top joint locks. I can't unlock it unless I physically unlock it with my other hand. When it locks it hurts.

Well, I could choose not to play power chords, but on yousician this means I can no longer progress, because power chords are integral to the progression.

How do I fix this?

I'm playing an acoustic Eastman AC-DR1, with phosphore bronze strings, not sure what gauge but basically what was on the guitar when I bought it three months ago. big dreadnought, beautiful sound.
But I had this problem before on my fender acoustic, and even when I try playing power chords on a very low action nylon strung classical guitar.

Any advice?
I don't really have any suggestion on how to fix that problem but I don't think it's a good idea for you to play power chords if this happens. have you tried warming up by playing a bit first? Locking your joints like that might lead to arthritis or something later down the road. Even when rocking out, your hands should be pretty relaxed.
Internet connection

Just downloaded and started my journey. App works […]

I am experiencing the same issue - -Scarlett Solo […]

I agree, Having the lyrics scrolling along with th[…]

Exactly The same problem !