Having difficulties with Yousician Guitar? Found a bug in the game? Post it here.
By tnunndox
I saw the sticky post on audio interfaces, and there was a small blurb on setting up the Babyface RME.

Guess I just need more detail.

I am using Windows 7, and use the Babyface RME as my external audio interface. It works with all my Native Instruments programs without a hitch. I can hear my guitar through my monitor speakers. I can see the input levels moving as I play. I just can't get Yousician to hear anything.

Have my guitar cable plugged directly into the side of the unit in the analog guitar input jack. Like I said, it is getting a signal to the AN 1+2 input (analog). I have it set to INST and I also have it set to loopback. In Yousician, I have the recording device set to AN 1+2 RME. Nothing. Tuner can't hear it. Songs can't hear it.

I am trying to use Babyface, as my Rocksmith cable produced latency so bad, that I would have to play every note a half second early for the software to like my timing. Mind you, there is zero latency issues with Rocksmith. Terrible on the chord section (gave up). If it works on a couple pieces of software and only has latency issues in Yousician, I logically have to assume the issue is with the programming in Yousician's software.

So I figured a $700 external audio interface would do the trick. Nope.

Love the layout of Yousician compared to Rocksmith, but the experience so far has left me...not so happy or impressed. If I can get this to work without latency and recognize the all-important fact that I am playing an instrument, this will likely be excellent software. But so far, two audio interfaces not communicating with ease, to software that relies on this connection is a major flaw.

Hopefully someone out there can help me out with this.
By andrew.ys.bells
Hi!

We would recommend to check the following articles:

"The game says i'm always late: "https://yousician.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... /202483931

Recognition problems: https://yousician.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... r-problems

Setting up mic: https://yousician.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... microphone

Testing instrument: https://yousician.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... ment-Input
By tnunndox
Link 1: Not using a microphone. Using Rocksmith Cable and then tried Babyface RME external audio interface. Lowest latency external interface on the market. You link describes a microphone setting. It can HEAR the Rocksmith cable (which acts as a microphone setting), but it lags...a lot. I have turned up the microphone input volume to the max, but again, that is not the issue. The issue is:

1). Lag with Rocksmith cable to the point of not being playable.
2). Babyface RME audio interface in which the guitar is being plugged into is not recognized by Yousician. I can see the active levels of input working. I can see the option to select the interface within Yousician. I can physically hear the audio the guitar produces through my speakers, and through other audio software applications such as Native Instruments Guitar Rig.

I would like to use the BabyFace RME direct analog guitar inputs over the Rocksmith USB cable as the lag difference is noticeable. Unfortunately, your software cannot hear it for some reason, although all my other software DAW's and applications have zero issues.

Link 2: Again, a link on troubleshooting a microphone. I never specified a microphone issue. Please read the title to this thread post.

Link 3: Another microphone support link. Never mentioned a mic'ed guitar.

Link 4: Kind of a moot support thread since the issue I described was:
1). Interface not being utilized in Yousician software, although works in other software applications.
2). Rocksmith cable has serious lag issues in Yousician...but not Rocksmith.
By Rolypolybug
I'm having the same problem. I can get yousician to recognize my guitar perfectly with a rocksmith cable. I can also emulate an amp thru guitar rig 5 and amplitube, it sounds great but I cannot emulate an amp AND have yousician recognize it. Its only one ot the other

@tnunndox - I have a question, are you using ASIO4ALL drivers to enable your guitar to work with Native Instruments programs? I'm just wondering if it's the ASIO drivers that are causing the problems
By andrew.ys.bells
When playing an electric guitar connected with a cable the signal is transmitted directly to the app, but in order to enjoy the sound effects (and listen to them through the headphones) some additional guitar amp software could be installed (like AmpKit or Amplitube).

In order to emulate an amp and have Yousician recognise it please check the amp settings. For instance when using AmpKit make sure to enable "multitasking".
By Eric B
Hi Andrew

I got a Focusrite Scarlett and Yousician is not getting any input from it... I tested on 2 computers, same behaviours...

I can hear the guitar in Audacity so I assume the cabling is fine but even selecting the Scarlett entry in Yousician, it does not get any input... That's super frustrating...

Any idea ?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]