Having difficulties with Yousician Piano? Found a bug in the game? Post it here.
By kellondon
I can't figure out the logic behind the song locks. Sure it makes it seem like a video game, but I'm not into video games and I'm trying to learn piano. There are some songs I just don't want to play, ever. It's analogous to sitting down for an exam and you don't know the first answer so you stare at it for two hours instead of answering all the rest and coming back to the first later. Please take the locks off , it doesn't make sense to have them. Yes I know theres back door access to the songs(not all) , but that only proves my point.
By leahbreanne
Hi kellendon,

Thanks for the feedback. This is a fair point and we have also discussed it. The songs are locked for educational purposes, since part of a teacher's role is to give you content at your level and to add structure to your learning. This generally presents you with the correct level of challenge and helps keep you on track. Of course the other challenge here is that a teacher may also choose to present you with something more engaging if you were bored or struggling instead of keeping you on the same song. We are working on finding a solution that works in as many of these areas as possible.

I will update you on the discussions and notify you when any changes are made.

Thanks!
By kellondon
I gave you the solution, unlock the songs of the level the student is in, you are wrong about the "educational purposes", not playing at all teaches nothing. This is why people quit. Thanks for your reply
By Spinningwoman
Isn't unlocking the songs part of the 'reward' that makes the thing such addictive fun, though? It's not like you have to play stuff perfectly to unlock the next thing, just get through it once. I don't really get why it is such a problem for you to play a song you don't 'like'.
By nocnyptak
I can't understand what your problem really is, Kalledon. It is a game app, darling.

Songs provided by Yousician give you opportunity and material to learn basics and get the "bug" to play at all.

Once you get what I called a "bug" you can go and buy your favourite songs in appropriate music sheets sellers (for a lot of money if they are not in public domain).

You can also upload your favourite songs and play them with Yousician app.

Leah has done great job to make loads of pieces simplified for you so that you could think about trying to play famous pieces at all. I really appreciate her job. She brought me back to my piano.

Thank you very much, Leah.
By euriah1
I wish you guys would unlock the songs. It’s really annoying. I would like to play/master a song I like. I only spend about 20 min a week on this so getting to another lever will literally take months with many days of no interest. I’m paying a lot annually to not get what I want. It’s tiring to try to find the tabs on YouTube when then help I need is in an app I pay a lot of money for.
By euriah1
kellondon wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:13 am
I can't figure out the logic behind the song locks. Sure it makes it seem like a video game, but I'm not into video games and I'm trying to learn piano. There are some songs I just don't want to play, ever. It's analogous to sitting down for an exam and you don't know the first answer so you stare at it for two hours instead of answering all the rest and coming back to the first later. Please take the locks off , it doesn't make sense to have them. Yes I know theres back door access to the songs(not all) , but that only proves my point.
I absolutely agree
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]