Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Guitar here
By gtrn00b
Im practicing 20 minutes a day, I love the guided learning and feel like Im improving quickly. However,I cant practice because of how much my fingertips hurt, it hurt to even type. I know this is normal but how long do I need to put up with this?
By Leejayd
My fingers were sore too - if your playing 20 mins a days have a break to let your fingers toughen up. You should get callouses on your fingers (these soon go). Also - you may be pushing too hard on strings (this is a mistake I made). You shouldn't play if you're experiencing pain. A little discomfort is okay but no need to hurt yourself.
By dr gibbons
Yeah - Nothing much you can do about that. Takes time. Just try to go easy. Some people like to use nylon strings early in the game but I think it's just as good to just jump in there. Let your fingers rest a bit. If you're anxious to play, read a bit of theory or listen to some music and think about what you want to accomplish.
By joe owens
Leejayd wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:14 am
My fingers were sore too - if your playing 20 mins a days have a break to let your fingers toughen up. You should get callouses on your fingers (these soon go). Also - you may be pushing too hard on strings (this is a mistake I made). You shouldn't play if you're experiencing pain. A little discomfort is okay but no need to hurt yourself.
There are a few YouTube videos on playing position. Fingertips need to toughen up -- gone through the process a couple of times. Although my main occupation needs quite a bit of sensitivity in my fingertips, it's a small price. Wait until the pain starts radiating all the way up your arm when you start learning barre chords.

jPO
By tom.cinema
joe owens wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:49 pm
Leejayd wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:14 am
There are a few YouTube videos on playing position. Fingertips need to toughen up -- gone through the process a couple of times. Although my main occupation needs quite a bit of sensitivity in my fingertips, it's a small price. Wait until the pain starts radiating all the way up your arm when you start learning barre chords.

jPO
Oh man it does. For me the worst has been when I don't realise I've been playing for several hours and I finally take my hand off the fretboard and my thumb finally relaxes from all that tension.
By harry098
I play for 3 hours continuously in Gigs, And my fingers just give up! Don't know how to overcome this
By zohollin
Hi, I found this too to begin with. Fingers hurt, got callouses (hard dry skin), lost feeling in those fingers when trying to pick small stuff up. The pain does go - don’t give up, it’s worth working through it. Met a guy in a band on holiday. He still had hard finger pads but no pain and played like a pro and had been playing 10 years. He suggested ‘ghs’ Fast Fret, string cleaner and lubricant. Little stick in a tin with instructions. Seemed to help. 2 years in from starting to learn, I can feel my fingers again. Think that came back within 6-12 months of not giving up. Keep it up all 🎸
By jjyurkovich
Perfectly normal. You just have to take it a little easy at first. 20 minutes a day is fine. Just play what you can tolerate and in a few weeks you'll have anvils for fingertips.
By cchiu123
I'm finally getting use to this... for lady players out there, unfortunately, yes, you're going to have to give up nail care...
yousician launcher doesn't open

Hello, The same thing happened to me. Was there […]

inconsistent points

Remember that the high score is made up of your be[…]

Linux support was dropped something like 2 years a[…]

I suspect that problem #1 may be related to the fa[…]