Having difficulties with Yousician? Look here for help. Check the stickies first!
By Stuckis
Hi,

I'm using Yousician on my Mac Mini on the newest version of OS X. With one of the newer Yousician versions, the song animations started to become quite delayed. The bouncing is always about half a second or so behind the music, which sadly makes the app unusable. It used to work fine a few months back. I switched to the iPad version for a while, so I can't put my finger on the exact date that the lag started to happen. Does anyone have the same problems?

The Mac Mini is an older one from 2009, but Activity Monitor shows it running well below its actual capabilities, CPU- and RAM-wise. I don't use Bluetooth headphones, so that isn't the reason.

Stefan
By Jmurrayhead
I've reported this same exact problem in the forums and via a support ticket and they still have not fixed this issue. It really throws off playing when the ball doesn't hit the notes when the program expects to hear you play the note.
By Antmax
I've noticed that when I'm having odd lags and stutters in the animation (On PC) it's usually other apps competing with yousician for exclusive use of the streaming audio. (I use ASIO mode). Usually it can be fixed by closing Yousician and unplugging the USB cable or interface with the guitar. It doesn't happen often, maybe a couple of times a week and the above usually fixes it.

On my Notebook which has intel onboard GPU and also Nvidia. The Intel graphics struggles a bit with faster yousician tracks and when I reinstall drivers I need to set up a preset to run yousician on the Nvidia GPU. I don't know much about the Mac Mini, if it has low spec graphics hardware it might need some basic flushing of the system before running yousician to free up resources etc.

Some of the graphics glitches might be out of yousicians hands since they use Unity which is a high level game engine that doesn't offer low level access to the inner workings of the graphics engine. Sometimes there are bugs that can't be fixed till the yousician engine itself is updated. As a developer I've had some issues with Unity in the past myself and it can take a long time for issues to be addressed. Especially if your doing something that is unusual that doesn't effect the majority of the userbase. Yousician with it's combination of realtime streaming audio and 2D graphics might be one of those more "unusual" applications.
By Jonu
Hi guys. The "Animation Lag" or timing being off can be caused by many things. It would be very useful if you could describe your setup in detail.
Acoustic or electric guitar? How do you connect your electric guitar to your computer, do you use headphones for example. The more detailed you can be it helps us to test and maybe reproduce and fix the issues. Thanks a lot and sorry for the inconvenience
By Jmurrayhead
Jonu wrote:Hi guys. The "Animation Lag" or timing being off can be caused by many things. It would be very useful if you could describe your setup in detail.
Acoustic or electric guitar? How do you connect your electric guitar to your computer, do you use headphones for example. The more detailed you can be it helps us to test and maybe reproduce and fix the issues. Thanks a lot and sorry for the inconvenience
I'm using an acoustic for the time being.
By kysersosai
After alot of troubleshooting i learned that screen lag can be a result of refresh rate. So i changed my rate from 30hz to 60hz and Yousician is playing without stutter or lag.
Crashing again after update

i have contacted support, because i have the feeli[…]

Changes to the Singing syllabus

we offered many packaged deals. You can buy multip[…]

I've just got level 9 in guitar lead and started w[…]

Uke Metal

Hi all, I love Rob Scallon & Sarah Longfield […]