Having difficulties with Yousician? Look here for help. Check the stickies first!
My daughter signed up for the 14 day free trial of Yousician Ukulele. She did not realize that after the 14 days it would automatically sign her up for the year long subscription. She will not be using it no, after the free days, and I want to cancel and not be charged the $127.49. Please let me know what I need to do to to move forward cancelling and receiving a refund.

Mark Hiller
m_hiller@hotmail.com (daughter's Id is EHiller16)
To cancel subscription follow this instruction
https://yousician.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... scription-

To ask for support and refund contact support team (submit a request link is available under each support topic).
https://yousician.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

However, I would suggest considering cons and pros.

Yousician is absolutely unique as a personal teaching tool because it provides real time feedback on your daughter's playing. It keeps players motivated which is extremely important. It has curriculum that works for many people and Yousician got started many musicians. One can also upload their own songs to practice to their favorite music and more&more teachers use Yousician to support face-to-face lessons.

Yearly subscription is a very good deal because for the price of just 4 face-to-face lessons you get a lot of material and guidance to learn&improve your musical skills until you get some independence.

Btw, I don't work for Yousician. I just love & appreciate Yousician (and thousands of other players do too). You try it and decide for yourself. Playing ukulele is actually very soothing (brilliant de-stressor) and in many families all members play uke in turns (until they all get their own ukulele... one is never enough!)
Beware! Yousician support told me to go through Apple to get a refund, which is ridiculous. They charged me for a full year without warning and yet they want me to deal with Apple directly instead of taking responsibility. I will be disputing the charge with my bank and slamming them on social media for taking advantage of customers, especially minors.
Read Terms & Conditions and advise your daughter to read T&C before signing up to any service. When you give your credit card details you should be aware that you will be charged after trial. It is standard marketing procedure.

Apple is a third party merchant and takes some money with them. It is always better to buy directly from Yousician but you need to do it on desktop (pc, mac) not mobile device. If you buy from Apple or PlayStore you need to deal with Apple or PlayStore. Not sure why you are surprised.

Kids are usually not allowed to make credit card purchases but it's certainly up to parents and family's responsibility rather than that of the Yousician. Try to vent your stress in more environment-friendly way. We have enough negativity around. Learning to play any instrument might help you.
nocnyptak you crack me up, acting so high and mighty, thinking you are better than the rest of us. No surprise, you completely missed my point. I have no issue with automatically renewing after the free trial, but to renew for a full year in advance is a way to scam the average user. Charge me a month if you want, but a year is ridiculous.

Try to vent your stress in more environment-friendly way. We have enough negativity around. Learning to play any instrument might help you.

"environment-friendly way" - as if I cut down trees to post this. But again, you are better than the rest of us, so you know best how to solve everyone else's problems. Why don't you stick to music instead of trying to make yourself feel superior? Maybe play that instrument of yours to come back to earth. You must have nothing better to do than to troll forums, trying to make yourself seem so smart.
Ehiller16 wrote:Beware! Yousician support told me to go through Apple to get a refund, which is ridiculous. They charged me for a full year without warning and yet they want me to deal with Apple directly instead of taking responsibility. I will be disputing the charge with my bank and slamming them on social media for taking advantage of customers, especially minors.
If you signed up on iOS through the App Store then it would have been Apple that billed you I believe, so check that. I don’t think you play the minor card here, surely you daughter does not have a credit card, and therefore it would have been you that signed up on her behalf and therefore take the responsibility for not cancelling before the free trial expired.
I wound up in the same boat. This is bullshit. I've never dealt with a company that signs you up for a year subscription after a free trial. If i had known that, I would have never signed up for a free trial in case I missed the date to cancel. I would assume a monthly subscription like every other legitimate business would do.

Reading the Terms & Conditions is ridiculous. Don't pretend like you read every clause of a T&C whenever you sign up for a free trial. I know you're lying if you say you do. This is a scam. I've dealt with companies who even reimburse / pro-rate you for cancelling a subscription after the free trial. Clearly the customer is cancelling because they did not like the service and were not satisfied. There are good companies out there that recognize this and hope to keep the relationship positive even between people who are not paying customers. You guys choose to burn the bridge between non-paying customers by forcing them to pay for a year for a product they obviously have no intention of using. It is deceptive and immoral.

Its too bad, seems like a descent product, I just don't have time to play, and certainly didn't want to spend the time it takes to deal with trying to cancel a subscription I thought I already canceled and realized only later they were still charging me month after month. I will never sign up for a subscription again with this company. Certainly will warn any friends / family about them too.
Same thing is happening to me now, this is actually illegal in Australia and I will be contacting the governing body (ACCC) to prevent the scam from being allowed in Australia. Will be taking legal action if required (wife is a lawyer), however the ACCC will slap them with a fine which will make them think twice.

Hi! All the issues with antivirus software mistak[…]