Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Ukulele here
By aaronflowers
I kind of hit a wall with playing lead around the Building Speed section, it feels like a huge jump in difficulty. Do I need to be playing with more than just my thumb/doing more of a fingerpicking style? Back in section 5 (Plucking Faster) alternate plucking was introduced but I could still play those songs fine with just my thumb, and I don't believe there's been an introduction to different picking methods (outside of double stops) since then.

Anyone else experience anything similar to this? Do I just need to keep practicing or take a different approach to my playing method?
By dr gibbons
I'd go back and try different things. Re-visit some of your old songs - Play off some of the things you like. And Yousician is just a tool. Put it down for a bit and just play - explore. I found I could build up small chunks of music through hammer-ons and hammer-offs. These started as little 2-3 note fast bits and then moved up to 4, 5, 6 .. and then runs. YouTube is helpful too. i think Yousician is awesome but it is very controlled and maybe you need to just extend your imagination and put it away for a little bit ;)
By socksoncircs
I fingerpick like I would a guitar—thumb, index, middle, apex (ring). It’s a lot faster after you’ve grokked it, and you’re only managing one string with your thumb instead of three, so it’s all gravy.

I also think this will be more helpful away from Yousician, reading music.
By Sdavis8888
Yes, Yousician throws you off a cliff around there and lacks instruction on technique or useful practice exercises for learning the new skills you need.

Alternate plucking - index, middle, index, middle, etc. is your friend as the notes come faster. You can also use you thumb for the G string and some people also use the thumb on the C string - but most people will pay the C,E and A strings with their index and middle fingers.

Make us some exercises for yourself like: A string, Play Fret 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 with each 1 plucked by your index finger (strumming hand) and each 2 plucked with your middle finger (strumming hand). (So you press down the A string at the 1st fret with your index finger on your left hand, then pluck that string with you index finger right hand; then middle finger left hand presses the A string at the 2nd fret while the middle finger right hand plucks the string.) Then play it again but switch to plucking with your middle finger for each 1 and your index finger for each 2. Then do the same exercise but move each 2 to the E string. Then the same but with the 1's on the E string and the 2's on the A string. Then mix up the frets and strings while still focusing on getting your index and middle fingers to alternate pluck the notes on different strings.

I’m having the same issue on software versio[…]

Yousician update - version 3.9

The sorting is not friendly. While you try to scro[…]

Ear Training Up & Down

I am trying to complete Ear Training Up & Down[…]

Working up the guitar neck?

Makes sense. Thanks! And I’ll try the Fb g[…]