Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Guitar here
By cranford6164
When working up the neck, do you move in ‘blocks’ of frets? Frets 1,2,3,4 are the first ‘block’. Frets 5,6,7,8 are the second ‘block’. Let’s say moving from fret 3 to fret 6: you would normally play fret 3 with the third finger (1,2,3,4), fret 6 is in the second ‘block’ of four (5,6,7,8) so would you play fret 6 with the second finger? Or do you catch fret 6 with the little finger because most of the action is in the first ‘block’?
By johnmosley
I would say no you don’t really do that. For example much of the time you will be working based on a scales, so the position would be dependent on the key. For example minor pentatonic in A in position 1 would be frets 5 to 8, in the key of B the same scale same position would be frets 7 to 10. So your fingers would be more guided by the scale shapes as you move to different position, or change scales.

BTW, there is not much activity on this forum, if you do Facebook, then joining the Yousician Friends Facebook group would get you many more responses!
By stoneham
Took me a while to realise that the colour of the notes corresponds to the suggested fingers to use for each note in the app - if you follow that carefully it generally guides you into the right "positions".
Fingerpicking without nails?

I have the same beginner question. I understand i[…]

Friend Add Thread

Total beginner grateful for advice. Do I need fin[…]

Ouch my fingertips!

That's absolutely normal. Anyone here have checked[…]

Hi, When I chose a song to play (from either the[…]