Talk about anything and everything related to Yousician Guitar here
Hi folks,

I'm a beginner to the Acoustic Guitar, and loving Yousician. Currently, I'm hovering between levels 1, 2 and 3. As I learn, I branch out a bit and do research on all this. While I feel like I'm progressing well using Yousician, I'm lost if I go somewhere like, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/?

When I search for songs from other resources, unless it's being taught on Yousician, I can't make sense of it or play it.

Any advise for someone who's motivated to learn? Maybe I'm being impatient, and all this will come together and make sense later?

Thank you in advance...
Hi,

you need to be patient and keep on practicing. In Level 1-6 Yousician is teaching you all the basics
you need to play Songs from scratch. Its all about getting this muscle memory and getting used to the Fretboard to play Melodys and Chords without thinking how to set your Fingers.

I am a level six now (playing almost every Day for 9 Months now - started from Zero) and I am just at the point when most Chords can be played blind and by Feel and the Fingers find the right string automatically.
Yet I am not able to play whole Songs Outside Yousician - but parts are working and I am getting
continuosly better.

So keep practising, you are on the right track...
Learning the Guitar is a Marathon, not a Sprint...

Have Fun!

Stefan

PS: I am a Dad of 3 too...:-)
I had these thoughts too, but Progress is even slowing down as you Hit the higher Levels. From Time to Time you will reach some kind of Plateau. To Keep yourself motivated make shure you reward yourself by playing a Song you like (for Example at the end of a Session).
Seeing the progress of other users is helping me to keep up the effort too.

Keep on rocking...

Ps: with faster Songs the chord recognition of the mic can be a bit erratic what can be very annoying. It made me buy a Electric Guitar and a iRig HD2 Interface...much better now.

This could be the blind leading the blind cause I'[…]

Re Modern Vintage main lead level 9 slide icon. I[…]

Songs not loading

Hi, Robot City for guitar is not loading on my and[…]

Re Modern Vintage main lead level 9 slide icon. […]